The protection of your personal information and privacy is important to us.
Last updated March 5, 2010.
License and Site Access
Starrli Enterprises grants you a non-exclusive right and license to access and use the Site for the purpose of conducting research to identify potential restaurants of personal interest. This license does not permit You to collect or re-use or repurpose any menu listings or restaurant information, descriptions or prices other than as expressly authorized herein; to make any derivative use of the Site or its contents; or conduct any data mining activity, whether automatically with robots or spiders or manually using data gathering and extraction techniques. The Site or its contents, in whole or in part, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, utilized or otherwise exploited for any unauthorized commercial purpose without the express written consent of Starrli Enterprises.
Starrli Enterprises makes no representation or warranty that You will have continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site.
Starrli Enterprises and 123easydine.com is in compliance with all open source licenses.
Starrli Enterprises makes no representation or warranty that the restaurant descriptions, identification, contact information, menu listings, price information, availability, hours of operation, delivery options and terms, or any other information provided on the Site, regardless of its source, is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. Site content is provided for personal information and research purposes only, and does not constitute an endorsement by Starrli Enterprises of the suitability of any restaurant, seller, service or product, whatever the respective source of information. Starrli Enterprises disclaims all liability for any inaccuracy, error or incompleteness in the Site content, whether arising from the original content or Starrli Enterprises’ incorporation of such data into the Site.
Starrli Enterprises and its affiliates, including 213easydine.com, may have relationships with some of the merchants or third parties which are part of the Site content. Starrli Enterprises reserves the right to determine placement of Site content and may provide preferential placement to merchants or third parties with which it has a business relationship. Starrli Enterprises may also receive transaction, promotional or other fees from merchants or third parties in connection with the activity conducted on the Site or relating to services provided by Starrli Enterprises or its affiliates.
Starrli Enterprises may provide links from the Site to services provided by Starrli Enterprises or its affiliates, or to third-party businesses. These links are provided as a convenience to You, and do not constitute an endorsement by Starrli Enterprises of the content of such third-party sites nor of the business practices of such third-party businesses. Starrli Enterprises does not examine or evaluate, or warrant or accept responsibility for, the products, services, offerings or business practices of any third party business. Starrli Enterprises has no control over the quality, safety or legality of any product or service sold by third parties identified on the Site.
IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND AN ENTITY ON THE SITE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU RELEASE Starrli Enterprises, ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST CLAIMS AND DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, SUSPECTED AND UNSUSPECTED, DISCLOSED AND UNDISCLOSED, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH SUCH A DISPUTE.
If you are a California resident, by using the Site, you explicitly waive the rights granted to you under California Civil Code 1542, which states: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
IP Ownership and Copyright Infringement
Starrli Enterprises disclaims responsibility for the content of third parties contained on the Site ("Third Party Content"). Starrli Enterprises will respond to notices that Third Party Content on the Site allegedly infringes the rights of a content owner sent pursuant to, and in accordance with, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Upon receiving such notice, Starrli Enterprises may remove or disable access to the Third Party Content claimed to be the subject of infringement or other improper activity. Only those notices hereunder which are properly sent to Starrli Enterprises and which comply with the requirements of the DMCA will be acted upon.
Written notification must be submitted to the following Designated Agent:
Starrli Enterprises, Inc. Attn: DMCA Notices [address]
To be effective, an infringement notification must include the following:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single web site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that web site;
3. Identification of the material (i.e., the Third Party Content) that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Starrli Enterprises to locate the material;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit Starrli Enterprises to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement, as follows: "I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law"; and
6. A statement, as follows: "The information in this notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, I swear that I am the copyright owner or that I am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in the above steps:
1. Starrli Enterprises shall remove or disable access to the Third Party Content that is alleged to be infringing;
2. Starrli Enterprises shall forward the written notification to the alleged infringer ("Submitter of Content");
3. Starrli Enterprises shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Submitter of Content that it has removed or disabled access to the Third Party Content.
To be effective, a Counter Notification must be a written communication provided to Starrli Enterprises’ Designated Agent that includes substantially the following:
1. physical or electronic signature of the Submitter of Content;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement, as follows: "I swear under penalty of perjury that it is my good faith belief that the material identified above was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled";
4. The Submitter of Content’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Submitter of Content consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the Submitter of Content’s address is located, or if the Submitter of Content’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Starrli Enterprises may be found, and that the Submitter of Content will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above, the DMCA provides that the removed material will be restored or access re-enabled and Starrli Enterprises will comply with this requirement within a reasonable time (or as otherwise required by law), provided Starrli Enterprises' Designated Agent has not received notice from the original complaining party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Submitter of Content from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Starrli Enterprises’ network or system.
By contributing or submitting any content to the Site, You warrant that you are the owner of the intellectual property rights thereto or have the appropriate license or sublicense rights from the owner, and you grant Starrli Enterprises a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such materials and/or incorporate such materials into any form, medium or technology, and you also grant to Starrli Enterprises the right to sublicense any and all of the foregoing rights to third parties, in all cases without compensation to you. In contributing or submitting any content to the Site, You agree not to provide any misleading information as to the origin of any content that You submit. You agree to indemnify Starrli Enterprises (and third parties) for liabilities arising from the content You submit as set forth below.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
THE SITE IS PROVIDED BY Starrli Enterprises ON AN "AS IS" AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Starrli Enterprises MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, GRAPHICS, LINKS, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES INCLUDED ON THE SITE, OR THEIR ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS. IN ADDITION, THIRD PARTIES PROVIDE SOME OF THE MATERIAL ON THE SITE; TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Starrli Enterprises SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY MATERIAL. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY TRANSACTION RESULTING THEREOF IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. Starrli Enterprises DOES NOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO THE SITE OR THE SERVICES. OPERATION OF THE SITE MAY BE INTERFERED WITH BY NUMEROUS FACTORS OUTSIDE OF Starrli Enterprises’ CONTROL.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Starrli Enterprises DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS REGARDING THE SITE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, Starrli Enterprises MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES REVIEWED ON THE SITE OR BOUGHT AND/OR SOLD USING THE SITE, OR THAT SELLERS OR BUYERS WILL PERFORM AS PROMISED BY THEM, OR THAT THE SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR E-MAIL SENT FROM Starrli Enterprises ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, STARRLI ENTERPRISES WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES RELATED TO LOSS OF BUSINESS OR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS IN THE UNITED STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY OF THE CONTENTS OF THE SITE, OR DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR ANY OTHER POLICIES OF THE SITE, YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
Governing Law and Exclusive Jurisdiction